Telepresence Experience Technician
|Role Title:|| Telepresence Experience Technician
|Reporting Structure:||The Telepresence Experience Technician reports to the VP Operations & Technology. This reporting structure may change as the team expands.
|A technical resource with strong networking and video background, the Telepresence Experience Technician will work with the Telepresence Experience Engineer to design, configure, test, deploy and support Telemerge video infrastructure assets and appliances. The Telepresence Experience Technician provides 2nd line technical support to clients using Telemerge video/audio/web conferencing services and facilities, and supports the client experience during video and multimedia conferences, including logistics, training new users and troubleshooting.
Telemerge, Inc. is a privately held video conferencing company that plans, builds and delivers video and telepresence communication strategies to enterprise and SMB companies. Telemerge delivers these strategies via the cloud, on premise, or hybrid solutions, using its proprietary global video communication network, an open video B2B exchange and an experience team for user support that delivers an experience that drives adoption.
A dynamic company on the leading edge of enterprise video conferencing and immersive telepresence solutions, the Telemerge team prides itself on its uncompromising commitment to “White Glove” customer service delivery. What sets Telemerge apart as a place to work is accountability, collaboration, flexibility and integrity.
WHAT’S REQUIRED IN THIS ROLE
Minimum Education / Certifications and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or EE, or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five (3-5) or more years experience in video conferencing technologies (e.g. Cisco/Tandberg/Codian, Polycom, Radvision, LifeSize/Logitech) including room/desktop systems, MCU’s, Gateway, and Gatekeeper systems.
- Solid understanding of and experience with
o Internet, IP and ISDN networks, build, repair, test and monitor
o Videoconferencing standards including (but not limited to): H.323, SIP & H.460
o Audio and video in a video conferencing environment
o Sound usage of Microsoft Office applications.
o Knowledge of UNIX/LINUX systems.
- Depth and understanding in IP Routing & Security technologies & deployments, e.g. BGP, OSPF, MPLS VPNs, Firewalls, Access Control Lists.
- IT Desktop support experience highly desirable (A+ Certification or similar)
- Track record of demonstrating effective mentoring skills, distributing knowledge to other teammates.
- CTS-D certification an asset
- Multi-lingual capabilities are desirable.
Key Skills, Knowledge, Competencies:
- Customer Service: Looks for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Explores and addresses the unidentified, underlying and long-term client needs. Enhances client service delivery systems and processes. Anticipates clients’ upcoming needs and concerns.
- Product Knowledge: Demonstrates detailed understanding of complex products/services. Effectively matches product knowledge to the implicit needs of the client.
- Technical Proficiency: Uses technical knowledge to assume responsibility for a defined area of activities or customer base. Actively seeks opportunities for technical development.
- Striving for Excellence & Detail Orientation: Identifies multiple sources/approaches of information to ensure that details are addressed. Verifies that work has been done according to procedures and standards. Remains effective and retains perspective in the face of difficult or demanding situations (pervasive ambiguity, frequent change, high workloads).
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Initiates collaboration with others. Assumes additional responsibilities to facilitate the achievement of team goals.
- Fast Learning Curve: Follows-up on issues to maintain knowledge and skills. Changes own behaviour or approach to suit the situation and perform effectively under changing or unclear conditions. Flexibly applies rules or procedures, while remaining guided by the organization’s values.
- Ownership & Accountability: Demonstrates accountability in own work and common situations. Often acknowledges when circumstances have jeopardized an individual result and comes up with a plan to produce the result.
- Results & Achievement Orientation: Plans and organizes own work load, setting and/or clarifying priorities and expectations. Seeks necessary information to clearly understand expected work results have been achieved. Continually compares own work performance against standards.
- Decision Making: Analyses complex situations, breaking each into its constituent parts. Makes decisions by weighing several factors, some of which are partially defined and entail missing pieces of critical information. Involves the right people in the decision making process.
- Independence & Initiative: Identifies and acts on issues and problems in own area of responsibility instead of waiting or hoping the problem will solve itself. Tries varied approaches and solutions to resolve a problem.
- Integrity & Transparency: Makes decisions and takes action in own work, consistent with the organization’s ethics and values in most common daily situations.
This role will initially work out of the Telemerge head office in Richmond Hill, and will move in June 2011 to a new head office location at Woodbine and Steeles Ave, Toronto, Ontario.
The Telepresence Experience Technician will:
Design, configure, test, deploy and support Video infrastructure assets and appliances
- Provide infrastructure support and execute configuration changes
- Implement proactive VC system upgrades as needed
- Responsible for development and delivery of video Systems End-User and Technical Support training.
- Video infrastructure certification and testing
- Manage Virtualvideo install process including, Telemerge switch install with customer, and endpoint configuration and testing with customer and partners/suppliers.
Provide support of the production Video infrastructure (on call & out of hours support)
- Troubleshoot, resolve and articulate customer affecting issues in time sensitive situations
- Liaise and coordinate with vendors, partners and suppliers for efficient network problem resolution
- Create, manage & update CRM (Trouble tickets and service orders)
- Monitor network status and all Telemerge video core equipment for uptime, performance and reliability
- Obtain user feedback and implement improvements as necessary. Conduct service review on a regular basis based on usage statistics.
- Operating Audio conference bridges and *0 support
- Demonstrates absolute dedication to client satisfaction, prompt trouble resolution, and efficient follow up to clients to maintain our “White Glove” Service
Develop and execute on strategic imperatives that deliver a best in class video
- Understand and evaluate the latest technologies available in the marketplace
- Manage activities and relationships with associated Video Systems/AV vendors and manufactures
- Work directly with Management and End-Users to determine current and future needs, evaluate and test technologies to meet service descriptions, including lab testing.
Execute and manage video and multimedia conferences over a complex service network
- End User and proactive support (all Telemerge and Telemerge supported resellers services)
- 24X7 Tier 2 Converged Network Support
- Operate Video gateway and multipoint calls
- Operate Streaming and Webcasting events
- Record all appropriate activity in CRM tool
Act as a resource on team for other team members to obtain your feedback and guidance on related items to the support the client, network, network applications, service/solution offerings, and internal departments
- Coach and mentor junior team-mates.
The Telepresence Experience Technician may be assigned “Major Accounts” for his/her attention to “White Glove” service. Other related duties may be added as required
Telemerge Sales and Operations teams.
Phone, video and e-mail contact with all organizational levels within clients, vendors and partner dealer network.
This role requires being on-call, and may include evening and weekend work.
Share opportunity:| More