Telepresence Experience Specialist
|Role Title:||Telepresence Experience Specialist
|Reporting Structure:||The Telepresence Experience Specialist reports to the VP Operations & Technology. This reporting structure may change as the team expands.
|Overall Mandate of Position:||The Telepresence Experience Specialist is the first point of contact for many new Telemerge clients and as such sets the standard for creating an excellent perception of Telemerge products, services and client service levels. As a key Telemerge representative, the Telepresence Experience Specialist is responsible for the front-line client experience during video and multimedia conferences, including logistics, training new users, and trouble shooting. The Telepresence Experience Specialist delivers a best in class video / audio / web conferencing client experience with dedication, professionalism and enthusiasm.
|Note:|| As part of building a flexible client experience team that supports a global client base spanning multiple time zones, Telemerge will consider both part-time and full-time applicants for this role.
Telemerge, Inc. is a privately held video conferencing company that plans, builds and delivers video and telepresence communication strategies to enterprise and SMB companies. Telemerge delivers these strategies via the cloud, on premise, or hybrid solutions, using its proprietary global video communication network, an open video B2B exchange and an experience team for user support that delivers an experience that drives adoption.
A dynamic company on the leading edge of enterprise video conferencing and immersive telepresence solutions, the Telemerge team prides itself on its uncompromising commitment to “White Glove” customer service delivery. What sets Telemerge apart as a place to work is accountability, collaboration, flexibility and integrity.
WHAT’S REQUIRED IN THIS ROLE
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- University degree or College diploma
- At least 2 years experience in a front-line customer service role, such as retail sales, Customer Service Representative (business to business or business to consumer), or similar role
- Recent graduates with exceptional experience will be considered.
- Experience working with telecommunications, audio/video, video conferencing and/or other voice technologies and equipment an asset.
- Multi-lingual capabilities an asset.
Key Skills, Knowledge, Competencies:
- Product Knowledge: Demonstrates understanding of moderately complex conferencing products/services. Able to understand highly technical service topologies to effectively assist clients in isolation and resolution of reported and real time issues.
- Strong general computer and MS Office skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of computer systems a must.
- Basic knowledge of telecommunications networks and ISDN an excellent asset
- Basic knowledge of video conferencing infrastructures and Voice technologies an excellent asset
- Demonstrated technical, IP network or general problem solving capabilities and CRM/trouble ticketing experience developed from previous call centre or help desk experience are a definite asset.
- Some technical knowledge of Audio Video components (HDMI, VGA, DVI, etc.)
- Some operational knowledge of Codian MCU products would be an asset
- Some operation knowledge of Cisco – TelePresence Management Suite (TMS) would also be an asset
- Customer Service: Absolute dedication to client satisfaction, and prompt response to all clients and Telemerge Team. Looks for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests. Anticipates clients’ upcoming needs and concerns.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Assumes additional responsibilities to facilitate the achievement of team goals. Initiates collaboration with others.
- Striving for Excellence & Attention to Detail: Works in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner. Identifies multiple sources of and approaches to information to ensure that details are addressed and verifies that work has been done according to procedures and standards. Takes steps to deal constructively with setbacks. Remains effective and retains perspective in the face of periodic disruptions (e.g., identifies own personal limit for work load and makes appropriate adjustments). Able to work in a fast-paced, fluid and dynamic environment.
- Independence, Self-Initiating: Identifies and acts on issues and problems in own area of responsibility instead of waiting or hoping the problem will solve itself. Persists when marked difficulties arise.
- Ownership & Accountability: Expresses and promotes accountability in their actions, and the actions of others. Escalates their problems or mistakes to other team members.
- Interpersonal and Business Communication skills: Interprets and communicates information across numerous department levels. Develops a professional, positive rapport with customer through:
- Excellent verbal communications skills, fully conversant and articulate in the English language (multilingual is a definite asset)
- Projecting a professional appearance & presence on video conference calls with customers
- Demonstrating active listening skills
This role will work out of Telemerge head office at Woodbine and Steeles Ave, Toronto, Ontario.
The Telepresence Experience Specialist will:
Provide technical support for customers and resolve their issues
- Remotely diagnose, isolate and report issues with video, voice and data equipment
- Video site certification and testing
- Open / close detailed cases (trouble tickets & service order) in CRM system for all reported / observed network impairments and client issues
- Operating Streaming and Webcasting events
Execute & manage video and multimedia conferences over a complex service network
- Operating Video gateway and multipoint calls
- Record all appropriate activity in CRM tool
- Shared Live Answer 24×7 End User Video Support (video network, equipment, and service)
- Shared Live Answer 24×7 Tier One Converged Network Support
- Conduct training session for audio and web conferencing clients
- Assist with the development of call scripts and process documentation used for client service delivery
Co-ordinate off-site facilities (video room rentals) with 3rd party suppliers/partners
- Sourcing and booking public video room rentals
- Video Conference and Room Rental Quotes and bookings
- Complete follow up on all bookings with client(s) and our finance team
- Setting up and implementing new Audio and Web Conference accounts
- Coordinating and booking Event Audio Conference calls
The Telepresence Experience Technician may be assigned “Major Accounts” for his/her attention to “White Glove” service. Other related duties may be added as required.
Telemerge Sales, Finance, and Operations teams.
Phone, video and e-mail contact with all organizational levels within clients.
This role involves:
- 7×24 shift work
- Long periods “on camera” and on PC; active involvement in video conferences with clients, including in a “service desk” capacity
Share opportunity:| More