What is multipoint bridging?
Want to connect a bunch of people, all in different locations or in a single video collaboration call? A multipoint control unit or multipoint video bridge allows you to do that by providing an independent platform where calls are connected and video streams are managed.
Telemerge provides cloud-based video bridging which is more flexible and typically has more features than its hardware counterpart. But rather than get into the technical details, here’s what you need to know about multipoint bridging from Telemerge:
TPaaS Multipoint calling features
Since great video collaboration rarely happens with just 2 people we added multipoint bridging capability and virtual meeting room (VMR) access to all of our collaboration solutions.
– Connect all sites in HD video
– Interoperability with different environments including Skype for Business and Cisco WebEx
– Invite external participants with ease using our Click to Call functionality through Telemerge Guest
– Share your content including slide presentations, documents, web pages and more.
– Security features for moderators and guests
– Arrange screen layouts for a customized view of participants and content
– Add audio-only participants when needed
Multipoint calling that works
Cloud video bridging has many benefits including lower cost and no risk associated with owning and maintaining expensive equipment. But the one with the most impact is that video bridging in the cloud acts as a video conferencing ‘DMZ’. Everyone dials out of their own network and into a neutral location in the cloud so no one has to worry about breaching networks, closed firewall ports or connection issues. It just works.