|Role Title:||Sales Specialist
|Reporting Structure:||The Sales Specialist reports to the Director, Sales
|The Sales Specialist provides administrative and sales support to the sales team, enabling the sales team to maximize their time spent on client-facing and revenue-generating activities.
Telemerge, Inc. is a privately held video conferencing company that plans, builds and delivers video and telepresence communication strategies to enterprise and SMB companies. Telemerge delivers these strategies via the cloud, on premise, or hybrid solutions, using its proprietary global video communication network, an open video B2B exchange and an experience team for user support that delivers an experience that drives adoption.
A dynamic company on the leading edge of enterprise video conferencing and immersive telepresence solutions, the Telemerge team prides itself on its uncompromising commitment to “White Glove” customer service delivery. What sets Telemerge apart as a place to work is accountability, collaboration, flexibility and integrity.
WHAT’S REQUIRED IN THIS ROLE
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- University degree or College diploma
- At least 2 years experience in a sales environment with a direct selling, sales support, or customer service role
- Recent college or university graduates with exceptional sales-related experience will be considered
- Experience with SalesForce.com or similar CRM tool an asset
- Experience in telecommunications, business-to-business companies, or technology an asset
- Experience in outbound sales (cold calling) an asset
Key Skills, Knowledge, Competencies:
- Industry and Competitive Knowledge: Understands at an introductory level how Telemerge fits into the industry, the industry as a whole and the links to related industries. Performs preliminary research on customer’s industry before a sales call or campaign. Demonstrates knowledge of main competitor’s products/services and position in the market, and an understanding of the concept and potential of indirect competition.
- Product Knowledge: Demonstrates full understanding of simple Telemerge products/services, differentiates between product/service features and benefits, and matches product/service to obvious needs of client. Locates and uses expertise of others to improve product knowledge.
- Sales Process: Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of all of the steps in the sales process. Follows the sales process in detail, step-by-step.
Telemerge Core Competencies
- Customer Service: Provides service excellence to internal and external clients. Follows up with clients during and after delivery of services to ensure that their needs have been met. Puts clients’ issues in order of priority and addresses most pressing concerns.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Assumes additional responsibilities to facilitate the achievement of team goals. Initiates collaboration with others.
- Striving for Excellence & Attention to Detail: Works in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner. Identifies multiple sources/approaches of information to ensure that details are addressed and verifies that work has been done according to procedures and standards. Takes steps to deal constructively with setbacks. Remains effective and retains perspective in the face of periodic disruptions.
- Independence, Self-Initiating: Identifies and acts on issues and problems in own area of responsibility instead of waiting or hoping the problem will solve itself. Persists when marked difficulties arise.
- Ownership & Accountability: Expresses and promotes accountability in their actions, and the actions of others. Escalates their problems or mistakes to other team members.
- Results & Achievement Orientation: Plans and organizes own work load, setting and/or clarifying priorities and expectations. Promptly and efficiently completes work assignments. Continually compares own work performance against standards.
- Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates awareness of organization’s priorities as they relate to own area of work.
This role will work out of Telemerge head office at Woodbine and Steeles Ave, Toronto, Ontario.
The Sales Specialist, Sales Pod will:
- Successfully complete the Telemerge sales on-boarding program within 90 days
- Use SalesForce.com to update customer relationship management information on behalf of the Account Manager and Dealer/Client Managers
- Contact equipment vendors to obtain pricing quotes on equipment
- Schedule and arrange meetings with vendors, dealers and clients on behalf of the Account Manager, Technical Specialist and Dealer/Client Managers
- Prepare and manage all post-sales documentation relating to the sales hand-off to operations when a sale is completed
- Prepare all paperwork relating to ongoing client renewals or recurring revenue opportunities
- Perform outbound prospecting research that will enable the sales team to make contact with and acquire new clients
- Prepare quotes and interact by phone with clients and prospects for small transactional sales opportunities
- Perform the daily customer service tasks needed to support the ongoing health of key accounts, including interfacing with operations and billing as required
- Apply a strong understanding of Telemerge products and high level underlying technology to be able to provide solution support to the sales team
All members of the Sales Pod team, in the course of delivering administrative and sales support.
Phone and video contact with all organizational levels within clients, dealers and vendors.
Share opportunity:| More