Marketing Demand Creation Specialist Job Description
|Role Title: Marketing Demand Creation Specialist|
|Department: Sales & Marketing|
|Reporting Structure: The Marketing Manager reports to the Marketing Manager|
|Overall Mandate of Position: The Marketing Demand Creation Specialist is responsible for generating leads to the sales team through a combination of in-bound marketing and outbound prospecting activities.|
Telemerge, Inc. is a privately held video conferencing company that provides Telepresence strategies to large corporate and mid-market companies. Telemerge delivers these strategies using their proprietary global video communications network. Telemerge offers the infrastructure to deliver a complete suite of Video Managed Services (VMS) including proactive client support, network management reports, IP/ISDN bridging, 6000+ global video room rental suites, webcasting, audio/webconferencing.
Telemerge empowers companies and their employees to work in a collaborative environment by merging predictability with a well-designed Telepresence strategy. During the last ten years, Telemerge has become a market leader in helping companies build and deploy videoconferencing strategies for their businesses. Once seen as “spotty and cumbersome”, Telepresence has since emerged from the shadows and is quickly becoming a well-defined strategic initiative to improve employee engagement, collaboration and information retention, as well reduce travel time, expenses, and carbon emissions.
WHAT’S REQUIRED IN THIS ROLE
Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- University degree or College diploma
- Previous work term experience in B2B Marketing and/or Sales role preferred
- Experience in technology, software / hardware or telecommunications is preferred
- Highly functional with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with SaleForce.com or similar CRM tool an asset
Key Skills, Knowledge, Competencies:
- Industry and Competitive Knowledge: Can quickly develop an understanding of how Telemerge fits into the industry, the industry as a whole and the links to related industries. Interprets industry trends in the composition of marketing and sales support collateral and programs. Uses knowledge of competitors and their products and services to position Telemerge’s organizational advantage.
- Product Knowledge: Effectively matches Telemerge product and service knowledge to the implicit needs of the client and uses knowledge of alternative products/services to enable upselling.
- Internet Marketing: Understands and knows how to apply various internet-based tactics to drive awareness and create demand for Telemerge products and services. Tactics to be considered are SEO, SEM, email marketing, blogging, and social media.
- Traditional Marketing: Experience in developing and executing traditional marketing campaigns and programs to directly engage the sales channels. Includes offer development, sales channel programs, trade shows and events, outbound campaigns.
- Lead Management: Is able to appropriately target campaigns and programs to customers and customer segments that will result in the highest sales conversion rates. Ensures incoming leads are appropriately qualified and delivered to the most effective channel(s).
- Sales Prospecting: Applies a rigorous process of sales prospecting to generate interest with prospective customers/contacts to agree to a meeting with a Telemerge Account Manager
- Content Creation: Can conduct a program of thorough research of compelling topics to Telemerge’s target market segment and develop well written and concise content
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- organization and planning
- problem analysis and problem-solving
Telemerge Core Competencies
- Customer Service: Explores and addresses the unidentified, underlying and long-term client needs. Looks for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Works collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals. Makes outstanding efforts to help other team members. Helps build consensus among team members.
- Striving for Excellence & Attention to Detail: Reviews the work of others for accuracy and thoroughness and follows up to ensure tasks are completed and commitments are met. Identifies multiple sources/approaches of information to ensure that details are addressed. Views disruptions as challenges rather than threats. Remains effective and retains perspective in the face of difficult or demanding situations (pervasive ambiguity, frequent change, high workloads).
- Independence, Self-Initiating: Addresses imminent issues or opportunities (“Imminent” does not necessarily mean that a “crisis” is involved). Perseveres in seeking opportunities to advance organizational objectives in the near term.
- Ownership & Accountability: Expresses and promotes accountability in their actions, and the actions of others. Escalates their problems or mistakes to other team members.
- Results & Achievement Orientation: Supervises work / projects. Monitors progress, quality of work, and use of resources; provides status updates, and makes adjustments as needed. Defines ambitious, but realistic, personal goals and standards. Tries new ways to get things done, while taking steps to reduce the risks.
- Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates awareness of the impact of own work on aspects of organizational strategy and the impact of organizational strategy on own work.
This role will work from Telemerge’s head office location, currently situated at 7050 Woodbine Ave in Markham, Ontario.
The Marketing Demand Creation Specialist is responsible for architecting and then delivering on a comprehensive set of strategies and tactics to satisfy Telemerge’s corporate objective of driving a significant increase in demand creation for its product and service offerings.
Key accountabilities for the first 6 months will include:
- Manage the inbound lead generating marketing campaigns that will incorporate the following:
- Research and development of marketing assets (eBooks, white papers, blog posts, PP presentations, etc.)
- Campaign launch, delivery and reporting
- Email marketing campaigns
- Website analysis and search engine optimization
- Lead nurturing / management
- Identify and interpret key business trends and findings unique to the industry.
- Sales staff support:
- Provide sales data, market trends, account analyses,
- Provide new product information; relaying customer services requests.
- Outbound call campaigns to prospective contacts and customers to secure meetings for the Telemerge Account Managers
- Research competitive products/services by identifying and evaluating service characteristics, pricing, and advertising.
- Establish and maintain consistent corporate image and marketing communications for brand.
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned including:
- Document formal service descriptions
- Update price books (retail and wholesale)
- Service contract updates to reflect current offering
- Complete the portfolio of marketing collateral assets
- All members of the Sales and Marketing team
- Other Telemerge employees during the course of day-to-day work
- Phone, Video, and Face-to-Face interaction with all organizational levels within clients and channels when appropriate.
Share opportunity:| More